Smile, even though it's breaking
When there are clouds, in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile, through your fear and sorrow
Smile, and there'll be tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through
Sung by Judy Garland.
Wikipedia's explanation of a Smile - A smile is a facial expression formed by flexing the muscles near both ends of the mouth.
So why do we smile ?
- We smile at funny things.
- We smile at babies and children.
- We smile when we recognise someone we know.
- We smile at the love in our life.
- We smile when we are happy.
- Sometimes we smile for no apparent reason.
What happens when we smile ?
- Smiling relaxes us and people we meet.
- Smiling helps to boost the immune system.
- Smiling releases endorphines in the brain, helping us feel good.
- Smiling helps to lower blood pressure.
- Smiling helps to relive stress.
So the evidence shows that smiling is good for us. Ask your angels to remind you to smile, use this beautiful Gift we have all received from God.
Let's keep doing it, smile at someone today - they may smile back.