Is there something in your life that you are quitting on?
Giving up on?
Quitting before you have really given it a fair shot.
Are you walking away from your dreams?
Are you consoling yourself by saying any or all of the following?
I'm too old, too young.
I just don't have the time.
I'm not good enough.
I don't have the right qualifications.
I have no experience so who will listen to me?
I'm afraid that people [family, friends, colleagues will laugh at me if my work isn't good enough].
I don't understand any of this new technology, it's just too much, and it changes rapidly.
I'm confused about how to progress; it's just all too overwhelming …, That’s it ... I had enough!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." ~ Unknown
If this is true, then it is heartbreaking because all of these feelings, these concerns can be addressed and solved. There is an answer for everything, sometimes all you need is the right information. It is simply not true that you are not enough. All it means is that you just don’t have the right information to base your decisions upon and consequently you can feel overwhelmed by many or even all of the above symptoms.
The simple truth is:
- You are never too old or too young; if someone says this to you then you are speaking to the wrong person. Look for someone else.
- Not enough time; this is all about time management. Time management is a skill that you can learn.
- Qualifications; another skill that you can learn and is closely aligned with the skill of time management.
- No experience; again you are speaking to the wrong person; you seek out people who support you not take from you.
- Fear of failure; a universal feeling, you are not alone in feeling this but planning and goal setting can help get you on your feet and help overcome this, and these skills will then enable you to refocus.
- The opinions of others; those who you think would laugh at you. Take note of the people who support your dreams and the people in your life who support your aspirations. These people are leaders, managers, and proactive positive people. The people who negate you think small, think local and it reflects their own thinking not yours. In these instances set clear boundarieswith family members and friends and remember it is only their opinion, you can choose to accept or reject it.
- Understanding and using technological advances; again this is just about being open to learning new information and skills.
- Being confused and overwhelmed; all this is, is doubts-doubting yourself and your dreams.
To change your mind or your point of view from “That’s it … I’ve had it, to that’s it … I get it!”
- Willingness to learn new skills, strategies, outlook,
You can be whatever you want to be but you must be clear about your dream. When it gets challenging you must be able to see the finishing line because this helps you to focus and refocus your strength, to redouble your efforts to get over the little obstacles that you will encounter. These obstacles are merely stepping stones to your dream.
Chart your own course to success, keep your direction clear; surround yourself with people who support and encourage you and above all dream big.
"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts." ~ Unknown
Mary Jo x